Venue, hotels and social programThe conference takes place in the heart of Rome, at:
Sapienza Università di Roma, Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica Antonio Ruberti, Via Ariosto 25, 00185 Roma
How to reach the conference venueThe top-level suggestion is: if you start from the center of Rome either use the subway (the station is very close) or simply walk. Most of the central hotels are within 15-30 minutes on foot, and walking in the historic center (with a map!) is a nice way to get acquainted with Rome. Bus is suggested only for expert people, with schedules, maps, etc.
- With the subway, the closer stations are Manzoni and Vittorio Emanuele (Line A).
- From Termini Station, take bus 714 towards Palazzo dello Sport and get off at Merulana/Labicana.
- From Città Universitaria - Viale Regina Elena, take tram 3 towards Stazione Trastevere and get off at Manzoni. From Città Universitaria - Viale dell’Università, take bus 310 towards Termini, get off at Termini and continue with bus 714 (see above).
- From San Pietro in Vincoli, you can walk to DIS in about 10 mins (Via delle Sette Sale, Via delle Terme di Traiano, Via Botta, Via Guicciardini, Via Merulana, Via Alfieri).
- From Fiumicino and Ciampino Airport you can reach Stazione Termini by train or shuttle bus. Check the website of Aeroporti di Roma.
HotelsAsking for special rates (as we tried) isn't worth the effort: internet booking prices are similar or even better. Book well in advance. The following link is provided for your convenience, we have no relationship with booking.com. Also note that all reservation details can be changed in their web search service. The link below starts with the most central and most popular hotels.
Social programA social dinner has been organized in the evening of Jan 20 as part of LION5 in this beautiful location overlooking the Roman Forum:
Hotel Forum, Rome
Due to popular demand, coffee and refreshments will be available during conference breaks to encourage informal interactions between the participants.